VOICES FROM THE ECCC (Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia)/THE KHMER ROUGE TRIBUNAL.
- Could you please tell us your name and your association with the ECCC?
- What prompted you to apply as a civil party?
- Tell us about your experience as a civil party. What was it like working with and speaking before the court?
- From your experience, how were civil parties supported by the court, and what could have been improved?
- The ECCC was the first international tribunal to include civil parties. Do you think future courts handling mass atrocities should include them as well?
- How could future international tribunals better support civil parties?
- What do you think of the reparations implemented by the court? Did they address your needs? Do you think they addressed Cambodia’s needs?
- What do you think the major impacts of the ECCC will be for Cambodian society? Both today and 20 years from now?
(January 13, 2020)