VOICES FROM THE ECCC (Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia)/THE KHMER ROUGE TRIBUNAL.
- Can you state your name, your position, and a brief summary of your basic responsibilities?
- What brought you to the ECCC in this role?
- Can you comment on any significant challenges faced in your role at the ECCC?
- What parts of the court’s makeup, procedure, rules, or practices worked well? What could use improvement? Can you offer a personal anecdote on this?
- What are your thoughts on the positive and negative aspects of a hybrid court?
- Are there any lessons learned, best practices, or recommendations for future tribunals that stand out in your mind based on your time at the ECCC?
- What challenges do you see for future courts handling mass atrocities based on your work at the ECCC?
- Keeping within the boundaries of what has been released to the public: Can you recall any accused or survivor stories that resonated with you?
- What do you think the major impacts of the ECCC will be on Cambodian society, both now and, say, 20 years from now?
(Photo by San Bunsim, October 24, 2019)