VOICES FROM THE ECCC (Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia)/THE KHMER ROUGE TRIBUNAL.
- Could you please tell us your name, your position at the ECCC, and a
summary of your responsibilities?
- Civil party representation in international criminal proceedings started with
the ECCC. Tell us about some of the challenges in your work.
- What do you think of the reparations that were ultimately implemented at
the ECCC? Do you believe they reflected the Civil Parties’ interests as a
whole? What other factors were involved in reparations decisions?
- Do you feel that the concept of civil party participation in criminal
proceedings should be replicated (or avoided) in other international
- What do you see to be significant challenges for future courts handling mass
atrocities based on your work at the ECCC?
- Can you recall any accused or survivor stories that resonated with you (civil
parties or other witnesses)?
- What do you think the major impacts of the ECCC will be on Cambodian
society, both today and twenty years from now?
( November 04, 2019)