VOICES FROM THE ECCC (Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia)/THE KHMER ROUGE TRIBUNAL.
- Can you state your name, your position, and a brief summary of your basic responsibilities?
- What brought you to the ECCC in this role?
- Tell us about what you do at the ECCC as a legal officer.
- Can you comment on any significant challenges faced in your role at the ECCC?
- What are your thoughts on the positive and negative aspects of a hybrid court (or restrictions or freedoms that you found at the ECCC)?
- Are there any lessons learned, best practices, or recommendations for future tribunals that stand out in your mind based on your time at the ECCC?
- Are there opportunities or tasks that you think should be accomplished but were not attained—either because of legal or other impediments?
- What challenges do you see for future courts handling mass atrocities based on your work at the ECCC?
- Can you recall any experiences at the ECCC that changed your perspective?
- Keeping within the boundaries of what has been released to the public: Can you recall any accused or survivor stories that resonated with you?
(July 25, 2019)